Submitted by Marla Matera, it calls for applesauce, mashed sweet potato, and Greek yogurt.
|Homemade Dog Treat Recipe|
Sweet Potato Apple Pup Cakes
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat, spelt, oat, barley, etc.)
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato (baby food sweet potatoes works well)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 apple, peeled and diced small
- Non-fat plain Greek yogurt for frosting
- Small treats for garnish (crumbled biscuits/cookies, fresh or dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Combine wet and dry ingredients until well-blended.
- Then, scoop the batter into paper lined muffin tins (6-8). Fill to the top as this dough is very dense and will not rise.
- Bake standard sized muffins for 25-30 minutes, mini muffins for approximately 15 minutes (or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean).
- Cool on a rack.
- Frost and serve, or freeze the muffins without the frosting.
- Refrigerate muffins that are not eaten.
Fido's Frosting, all natural sugar free yogurt cake frosting for dogs.