|Squash dog treat recipe|
- 1 cup squash, pureed
- 1/4 cup canola/olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 egg
- 3 cups rice flour
- Cut the squash in half and takes the seeds out
- Place in the oven at 400 F and bake until tender.
- Scrape it out and do a quick blend to puree it.
- Mix squash, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and honey together.
- Add egg and oil.
- Slowly add the flour. You want to add enough flour to form a nice dough that is still a little sticky but not too sticky.
- Knead and roll out on a floured surface to 1/4" thickness.
- Cut out into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes. For crunchier dog treats, turn the oven off and let the biscuits sit.
Acorn squash is non-toxic to dogs, cats and horses.
Pumpkin may be used in place of squash if your dogs prefer.