This recipe is as bare bones as it gets. More advanced bakers will have their own variations as to what they add to the dough. Those that sell their dog treats may even choose to add preservatives to the dough to thwart the growth of mold.
You will read or hear opinions about wheat based dog treats. The present treats du jour are "grain free." Making dog treats that are grain free requires knowledge of flours and other ingredients made from non-grains. You need to know how to work with these for the biscuits to turn out decently.
If you are just starting out, or you want to make a few dog treats to bring to a friend or to have your dog try, just to see if you even enjoy baking, this recipe will yield healthy dog treats.
|Dog biscuit recipe step by step|
What you need:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or cannola)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 10 bone silicone baking pan (does not require pre-greasing)
- Flat baking sheet for stability
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Press the dough into a 10 bone silicone baking pan.
- Place the baking pan on a flat baking sheet for stability and place on the middle oven rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave pan in for another 60 minutes.
- Take pan out, turn over and biscuits will fall out.
See the photos in full size: K9DogTreats.com/dog-biscuit-recipe.html