Make bacon grease dog treats!
Use it to add flavor to homemade dog treats. These bacon balls were created by Lazy Bones Pet Treats. Owner Anna Lyle told us that she just made these treats and her dogs went berserk! So, because her own dogs were definitely a biased consumer group, she offered some to the neighbor dogs and they are still standing at the fence barking for more.
|Bacon grease dog treats by Lazy Bones Pet Treats|
Now some of you may be thinking that bacon grease is unhealthy. Dog owners do this, especially in the winter months, to help their dog's dry skin and coats.
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Honey if desired
- Shredded cheese if desired
- Fido's Frosting brand Royal Icing for Dogs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all the above ingredients.
- Roll the dough into little balls and press dough into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Do not overcook or the dough will harden.
- Let cool completely.
- Decorate by drizzling Fido's Frosting brand Royal Icing for Dogs over the bacon balls.