Lazy Bones Pet Treats calls these homemade dog treats: "Fruit and Veggie Bars With Blueberries".
This recipe uses all natural ingredients and has no preservatives. Be sure to let the dogs eat the treats within several days because as you probably know, fruits and vegetables do not keep!
|Vegetable Dog Treats by|
Lazy Bone Pet Treats
Dog treat ingredients:
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup plain pumpkin
- Blueberries or cranberries for color
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a baking pan.
- Mix the ingredients together to form a dough.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick.
- Press the dough into the baking sheet. Make it even with squared edges as much as possible.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into sticks.
- Store veggie and fruit bars in the refrigerator. Eat within a few days. There are no preservatives so the ingredients will not keep.