Sure looks like chocolate fudge from the photo. In fact, Christina Chase, the baker, said that she took some samples into her office and a co-worker tasted a treat and remarked that it was too chocolatey!
Christina said that as long as her dogs enjoyed it, that was all that mattered. (They asked for more.)
|All natural carob "fudge" for dogs|
All Natural Doggie Fudge
(Recipe by "Andea", adapted from "Jeanne Marie Martin")
What you need:
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup carob powder
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Greased baking pan (e.g. brownie pan)
- Stir the peanut butter and honey in a saucepan over medium heat until softened.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Press the mixture into the greased baking pan.
- Let it cool.
- Cut into small squares.
- Decorate with red quinoa for a Valentine's touch