stimulate his appetite?
A: I broached this question in the Facebook group Homemade Dog Treats. The
following are some suggestions that the members came up with:
- Try switching kibble. Some dogs like to change their main food.
- Try a food seasoning like the real meat seasonings for pets
- Spice up the food with low sodium chicken broth.
- Mix in some canned food from the same brand as the kibble.
- Add hot water to the canned food to create an aroma of gravy. Then mix into the dry food.
- Try adding a few drops of fish oil, like salmon oil.
- Mix in a little turkey or chicken, or vegetables like green beans or carrots.
- Dandelion root is considered safe for dogs and works as an appetite stimulant.
- Mix dehydrated raw food into the kibble. There are dog food brands like Sojo's that you can make up ahead of time and use like canned food.
- Boil some chicken, crumble it up and store in the freezer. Then, mix it in with the food when it is meal time.
- A few drops of bacon grease in a little water dripped over the food creates a wonderful aroma to the dog.
Read Part 2 of this post: Food Seasoning Ideas For Dogs Part 2