- Sweet potato, any size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut a flat side off the sweet potato.
- Then, make 3-4 lengthwise cuts form this.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn the pieces over.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool. The longer they cool, the harder and chewier they become.
Click the link for a dog cake recipe for sweet potato cake, using cinnamon and a very minimal amount of marshmallows, just for a different taste. All of the ingredients are human grade, so if you find your own mouth watering, and it probably will because the aroma is wonderful, you can feel free to share with your pooch, if he lets you.
Join us in the Facebook group Homemade Dog Treats for more dog treat recipes!